Niger Deltans are a tiny Minority — President Buhari

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nwabiafra
Nwabiafra
Female Posts : 46
Posts Like : 13

PostNwabiafra Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:22 am

President Buhari has warned Niger Delta militants and Avengers in particular that their incessant sabotage of national assets will not continue for a long time.

The president’s warning to Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) comes just one week after the group hostilities following several weeks of ceasefire.

According to the President, “I know that uppermost in your minds today is the economic crisis.

“The recession for many individuals and families is real.

“For some it means not being able to pay school fees, for others it’s not being able to afford the high.

“I ran for office because I know that good government is the only way to ensure prosperity and abundance for all.

“I remain resolutely committed to this objective. I believe that this recession will not last.

“Temporary problems should not blind or divert us from the corrective course this government has charted for our nation.

“Our Administration is fully sympathetic to the plight of the good people of Niger Delta.

“My administration is in touch with the State Governments and leaderships of the region.

“We have however, continued to
dialogue with all groups and leaders of thought in the region to bring lasting peace.

“For the first time in our history the country was producing five thousand megawatts.

“However, renewed militancy and
destruction of gas pipelines caused acute shortage of gas and constant drop in electricity output available on the grid.

“There were only two system collapses between June and December 2015, but due to vandalism by Niger Delta militants the over-all system suffered 16
system collapses between March and July 2016 alone.

“The damage perpetrated by Niger Delta thugs on pipelines sometimes reduced Nigeria’s production to below one million barrels per day.

“As I have said earlier, we are engaging with responsible leadership in the region to find lasting solutions to genuine grievances of the area.

“However, we will not allow a tiny
minority of thugs to cripple the country’s economy.

“What sense is there to damage a gas line as a result of which many towns in the country including their own town or village is put in darkness as a result?

“What logic is there in blowing up an export pipeline?

“That action reduces income accruable to states and local governments. It reduces their ability to provide services too.

“No group can unlawfully challenge the authority of the Federal Government and succeed
Nwabiafra
Nwabiafra
Female Posts : 46
Posts Like : 13

PostNwabiafra Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:24 am

Niger deltans are a tiny minority but useful in nigeria what about the large majority of the north that is useless to the society.

Shame to GEJ, Clark etc who still see themselves as Niger deltans, they are the minority morunmmadu Buhari is abusing, as for in Biafraland, no minority

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

New topics in same category

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum